- Sarah Palin existed. And she said things like this:
- “Meh” was awarded a place in the Collins English dictionary. I’m not sure how this affects anything, really, but the fact that this perfectly unimpressed and ambiguous phrase was given a bit of validity is cool. On a related note, they still make dictionaries.
- The New England Patriots went undefeated in the regular season and then lost the Superbowl. Suck it (and probably illegaly tape it) Bill Belichick!
- The Dark Knight happened. And then it happened again in Blu Ray.
- Katt Williams released It’s Pimpin’ Pimpin’
- Britney Spears kinda sorta got her shit together. I’ve always been in Brit-Brit’s corner. The girl is megadumb rich with a crazy family, had to deal with a guy whose annual salary is what you tip your hair stylist, is a mother to 2 young children and has to use a body double to go outside and get some cheese doodles and grape soda. Not to mention, her looks/body/actions are under the most powerful public microscope since Michael Jackson. So if anyone deserved anything remotely close to a comeback year, it was her.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon formed an alliance of evil. And through their carefully constructed torture tactics, rumored to include butterflies, matching outfits, patchy facial hair, glitter and way too much fucking publicity, are planning to take over the world.
- The economy rapidly fell into a downward spiral and the only effect I felt as an unmarried 20something renting a condo with no fixed assets was lower gas prices. BOOYA.
- Q-Tip, Erykah Badu, Nas, The Roots, MGMT, Santogold, Raphael Saadiq, Black Milk, Charles Hamilton, T.I, Jeezy, Ludacris, Ne-Yo and Kardinal all put out new music that made my walk to work a pleasure instead of a chore.
- Spencer Pratt got ran over by a dump truck that was carrying a load of used tampons that buried him alive.
Just kidding. But if we all pray together, God has no choice but to listen. Isn’t that how it works?
Here’s to 2009 and another year full of self-righteous, catty blog posting here at PGPT.